LOWER LIMB BIOMECHANICS & ORTHOTIC TREATMENT
Approved for 8 CEU’s for DC’s, AT’s, PT’s, CPED’s, CO’s. CPO’s.
CONDITIONS WITH PRACTICAL CLINICALLY PROVEN TREATMENT METHODS:
Plantar fasciitis, PTTD, PFPS, LBP, Peroneal Tendonitis, Achilles Tendonitis, Morton Neuroma, Metatarsalgia, etc.
Presented by: VASYLI BIOMECHANICS ACADEMY
Vasyli Medical Biomechanics Academy
The Vasyli Medical Biomechanics Academy provides clinicians with advanced education on foot and ankle biomechanics including instruction on practical orthotic application. We’re excited to provide this educational opportunity to clinicians across the country who wish to improve patient outcomes with a better understanding of lower extremity biomechanics. With a 35+ year heritage of biomechanical research and education, Vasyli Medical has collaborated with leading biomechanics instructors to bring you a fresh approach to an educational experience where improving patient’s outcomes is the objective.
Valid for 2 CEU’s
LOWER EXTREMITY BIOMECHANICS:
Foundation knowledge for clinicians
1. BIOMECHANICAL THEORIES.
2. NATURE VS CIVILIZATION.
4. FUNCTIONAL DIVISIONS OF FOOT.
5. AXIS OF MOTION.
6. GAIT CYCLE.
7. CHOOSING THE RIGHT ORTHOTIC.
ONLINE LEARNING OBJECTIVES:
1. Establish relationship of nature vs common era functional surfaces and its effects on foot biomechanics
2. Successfully identify key foot/ankle anatomy landmarks
3. Understand the key biomechanical theories and their interrelation
4. Observe and evaluate the key functional division of the foot
5. Successfully comprehend the 3 axis of motion and their relation to foot and ankle mechanics
6. Competency to understand and evaluate gait and possible malfunction within gait
7. Identify the key factor to successful orthotic prescription
Valid for 6 CEU’s
Biomechanics review, clinical assessments of the foot and orthotic application posting techniques.
INTRODUCTORY LOWER LIMB BIOMECHANICS OVERVIEW FROM ONLINE COURSE:
Nature versus civilization, overview of the gait cycle, theories, Q & A.
THE REAR FOOT/MIDTARSAL:
- LAB / assessment.
- Quick review triplane motion, the function of the subtalar joint.
- Subtalar function evaluation.
- Solution for malfunctioning STJ.
- Midtarsal joint evalution.
- Navicular drop.
- Solution for malfunctioning midtarsal joint.
THE FORE FOOT:
- LAB / assessment.
- Evaluation: fore foot/ rear foot relationship.
- Varus/valgus forefoot evaluation.
- Compensated vs uncompensated.
- The importance of 1st ray function.
- 1st ray evaluation.
- Rocker theory.
- Sagittal plane approach.
- Jacks test
PRACTICAL WORKSHOP OBJECTIVES:
Upon completion of this workshop, the participants will be able to:
- Describe the function of the subtalar joint and its normal functional path.
- Identify abnormal, pathology leading STJ function.
- Successfully plan course of treatment for poor STJ function.
- Identify midtarsal joint function and malfunction.
- Successfully plan course of treatment for poor midtarsal joint function.
- Evaluation and treatment of forefoot mechanics.
- Treatment protocols for forefoot conditions.
- Identify and evaluate 1st ray function and malfunction with emphasis on functional hallux limitus.
- Successfully identify the key conditions that stem from poor biomechanical function and appropriate treatment protocols to enhance patient’s outcomes.
- Selection and application of best orthotic device for patient based on functional evaluation, weight, activity and preferred footwear type.
- Appropriately post the orthotic device based on alignment, compliance and condition.
- Successful end to end implementation of an orthotic program into the patient’s treatment plan.
ORTHOTICS AND POSTING PRACTICAL:
- ORTHOSES: heat molding, fitting.
- Posting for improved compliance and outcomes.
- Patient compliance.
TOTAL COST: $249
- Includes both online course and workshop
- Includes 1 free pair of orthotics.
To register, please visit https://education.vasylimedical.com/catalog.
VASYLI BIOMECHANICS ACADEMY
2017 EDUCATIONAL COURSE SCHEDULE*
May 9 – Omaha, NE
May 13 – Charleston, SC
May 23 – Boston, MA
May 25 – Tucson, AZ
May 26 – Phoenix, AZ
June 1 – Spokane, WA
June 2 – New Orleans, LA
June 15 – Tucson, AZ
June 16 – Dallas, TX
June 16 – Atlanta, GA
June 23 – San Diego, CA
June 23 – Houston, TX
July 7 – Portland, OR
July 13 – Brooklyn, NY
July 13 – Columbus, OH
July 22 – Nashville, TN
July 28 – Tacoma, WA
August 3 – Boise, ID
August 4 – Portland, ME
August 8 – Birmingham, AL
August 18 – Oklahoma City, OK
August 19 – Baltimore, MD
September 8 – Sacramento, CA
September 9 – Newark, NJ
September 12 – Fairbanks, AK
September 14 – Jacksonville, FL
September 14 – Grand Rapids, MI
September 15 – St. Louis, MO
September 15 – Tampa, FL
September 22 – Pittsburgh, PA
October 5 – Anaheim, CA
October 13 – Milwaukee, WI
October 19 – Honolulu, HI
October 20 – Cleveland, OH
October 21 – Raleigh, NC
October 31 – Chicago, IL
November 3 – Riverside, CA
November 9 – Cincinnati, OH
November 10 – Des Moines, IA
November 11 – Little Rock, AR
December 7 – San Jose, CA
December 8 – Richmond, VA
December 9 – Denver, CO
*Dates and locations subject to change