If you’re like me, I typically tell my patients they should be doing some type of SMR (self-myofascial release); however, as Health and Fitness Professionals, we typically don’t always take our own advice. But we can’t help patients and clients if we’re also injured or our back is tweaked, which is why it’s so important to take care of our bodies and do some rolling at the end of the day . . . and why I created the IntelliRoll.
What is the IntelliRoll®?
IntelliRoll® is an anatomically designed, comfortable, and effective foam roller. Its unique form-fitting shape works with the body’s natural curves to relieve pain and improve mobility in as little as 30 seconds.
What makes the IntelliRoll® unique?
IntelliRoll®’s patented Spine and Body Zones provide a number of distinct advantages:
- IntelliRoll®’s Spine Zone targets the muscles and joints of the spine while protecting the vertebrae. The neck, upper back, and traps, where the vast majority of people hold postural tension, are easily accessed with the Spine Zone. Not only does IntelliRoll®’s Spine Zone provide access to these muscles, it also allows the user to mobilize the joints of the neck and upper back safely and easily.
- IntelliRoll®’s Body Zones provide more surface area contact, massaging multiple muscle groups at once for faster recovery. As our torso and limbs are round, the concave surfaces of the Body Zones distribute pressure over more body area. This reduces the body’s guarding response, allowing the experience to be more comfortable and efficient. Less pain means the client is more likely to use it consistently. Clients can also use it in areas that are typically too painful to roll and difficult to access. Areas such as the low back, hips, groins, and shoulders can be targeted with ease and comfort.
Which IntelliRoll® is right for you and your clients?
The IntelliRoll® comes in 3 versions: FIRM, FLEX, and SPORT.
- The FIRM is crafted with an ABS pipe core (stronger than PVC) and firm outer EVA foam for individuals who prefer a deep tissue experience. The FIRM is 20 in. long with a diameter of 5.5 in.
- The FLEX is crafted with a flexible core and has softer outer EVA foam than the FIRM. It’s perfect for clients who prefer firm to medium pressure. The FLEX is 20 in. long with a diameter of 5.5 in.
- The SPORT is made with durable Airhide® EPP foam. Smaller and slightly softer than the FIRM and FLEX, the Sport is for those who prefer medium pressure. The Sport is 17.5 in. long with a diameter of 5.25 in., making it the lightest and most compact of our rollers.
Who created the IntelliRoll®?
IntelliRoll® was created by Dr. Sevak Khodabakhshian, DC, CES (AKA “Dr. K”), a doctor of chiropractic and corrective exercise specialist with 18 years of clinical experience. Having sustained a traumatic neck injury at age 19, IntelliRoll® was born from Dr. K’s passion for self-care and spinal health. Dr. K is also the founder and director of a multidisciplinary physical rehab clinic in Thousand Oaks, CA called Omega Rehab & Sport.
How do I learn to use the IntelliRoll®?
Stay tuned for Part 2 where we’ll share some in-depth instructional videos from the IntelliRoll® Body Fix University™ that combine IntelliRoll® mobility techniques with simple strengthening exercises in an easy to follow format. The Body Fix University™ also features a daily recovery and spine-care program called the Pressure Release Flow™.
For more info on products mentioned in this article or for info on current product specials, please contact your personal MeyerDC Account Manager.
If you don’t know who your Account Manager is, please call 800-472-4221 to find out.