Dr. James Raker is CEO of Ark-La-Tex Health Center, a 25- year private practice providing occupational health for several companies in the Texarkana USA area. His center has reduced recordable injuries of Lear Siegler Inc., a URS subsidiary with 1100 employees at peak, by 75% over 2 years. From an 18 to under a 1 for the last five years.
Dr. Raker has been doing DOT work for more than 16 years, and was one of the first doctors in the country to pass the DOT certification and become a Certified Medical Examiner for the Dept. of Transportation of the US government. He has been teaching occupational medicine services since 2012. Has lectured in AR, TX, CA, IL, and OH. Providing OccMed services for companies, he has provided as many as 500 drug tests in a single day, and 75 hearing tests in a single day.
He became a Certified Wellness Professional by the Foundation for Wellness Professionals in July of 2014.
Licensed in IL, AR, and TX
1988 to Present: Ark-La-Tex Health Center, Texarkana, AR. A multi-disciplinary center with Family Practice, and Corporate Occupational Health functioning as a
Musculoskeletal specialist with emphasis on diagnosing and treating disorders of the spine. A primary care physician to provide diagnosis for medical conditions and refer to other physicians for treatment as necessary.
Professional: 1984 – 1987, Palmer College of Chiropractic, Davenport, Iowa, Doctor of Chiropractic
Undergraduate: 1981 – 1984, Bradley University, Peoria, Illinois, Major: Pre-Professional Medicine
- Certified in Manipulation Under Anesthesia 1992, Dr. Stephen Capps D.C. F.I.C.C., Pine Bluff Surgical Center
- Fellowship Advanced Diagnostic Procedures 1994 – 1996, Physicians Acad. Dallas, TX
- Re-Certified Breath Alcohol Technician 2010
- Certified by CAOHC as a Occupational Hearing Conservationist 2011
- Certified DOT Medical Examiner 2013
- Certified Wellness Instructor 2014
- California CE instructor 2016
- PACE CE instructor 2017