Dr Simon Floreani BSc. (Clin), BSc.(Chiro) is a leading edge “thinker” within the Health Care Industry. A chiropractor by training Dr Simon advocates consumer driven health care and for the last 15 years he has worked extremely hard to break down the institutional and cultural barriers for Allied health professions in Australia. Due to this commitment he was asked to participate in a steering committee for the Australian Federal Government’s Task Force into health reform and chronic disease management.
A frequent guest of radio and television programs Simon is an expert spokesman on health issues across all media platforms in Australia and political and policy advisor to the government and related stakeholders.
His leadership roles include the immediate past President of the CAA, the peak body representing Chiropractors in Australia, the first ever chiropractor on the Board of Directors of the Allied Health Professions Australia and appointed member of the HWA Standing Advisory Committee for Health Professions.
As the husband of Dr Jennifer, Simon also shares the joy of parenting their four dynamic, healthy boys. Together Simon and Jennifer act as CEO’s of Well Adjusted, with Simon investing much of his time contributing to the creation and direction of Well Adjusted’s educational, assistive and inspirational products.
Together Simon and Jennifer also co-founded Vitality Organic Allied Health, an allied health community centre in Melbourne, Australia employing over 20 allied health professionals.
- Doctor of Chiropracticin Private Practice (1995 to Present)
- Served on the Board of the Chiropractors Association of Victoria from 1999 – 2003
- Served as the Head of Public Education Committee in Victoria from 1999- 2003
- Created the initiative for a National 12 Month Public Education Campaign
- Served as a National Director on the Board of the Chiropractors’ Association of Australia (National) Limited from 2003-2009
- In 2009 elected President of the Chiropractors’ Association of Australia which is the peak governing body representing chiropractors
- From 2009-2012 Chair Australasian College of Chiropractors.
- 2009-2012 Chairman of the Complaints Resolution Committee (dismantled with the introduction of the National registration program in 2011).
- 2009-2012 Board representative for the Chiropractors Association on the National registration taskforce writing submissions for the guidelines, meeting with AHPRA under invitation.
- National Public Education Spokesperson (2003- 2012) for Chiropractors’ Association of Australia and has featured on television, radio and in print media platforms
- Chair –Political and Policy for Chiropractors Association of Australia Nationally.
- CEO and co-founder of Vitality Organic Allied Health, an allied health community centre in Melbourne, Australia employing over 15 allied health professionals.
- Director andCo-founder of Well Adjusted a company committed to producing practitioner and lay public health products. This company has developed a range of products including educational material for both professional and public streams, products that provide physical aid to mothers during pregnancy including a Pregnancy Support Belt and Belly, Bust and Baby pillow. Other products include audio products and a holistic parenting website.
- 2009 – 2012 Health Workforce Australia Advisory committee for Health Professions.
- Government-certified Approved Provider of Aged Care
- Steering committee member of the Federal Task force into health reform and chronic disease management
- Treasurer of Allied Health Professions Australia (AHPA) the peak body representing allied health
- COAST Advisory Committee member –Research being conducted evaluating current chiropractic practice providing fundamental information on chiropractic practice and management.
- Chair –Program Advisory Committee RMIT School of Health Sciences.
- Co-wrote a White Paper on “The Legitimacy of Chiropractic in Family Healthcare.” with Dr Jennifer Barham-Floreani