Stay up to date on the latest health and wellness topics with the new DC Aligned webinar series. From innovative treatment techniques to business best practices, the DC Aligned webinar series will provide FREE continuing education from some of Healthcare’s most respected thought leaders and researchers.
Date: Thursday, September 6 at 2pm EST
Title: Learn about the Heath Benefits of Coffee for You and Your Patients
Subtitle: Harvard Medical Professor Dr Chopra discusses what you need to know about one of the World’s most powerful Antioxidants…Coffee
Presented by: Dr. Sanjiv Chopra
Sanjiv Chopra, MD, is Professor of Medicine and served as Faculty Dean for Continuing Medical Education at Harvard Medical School for 12 years. He serves as a Marshall Wolf Master Clinician Educator at Brigham and Women’s Hospital.
Dr. Chopra has more than 150 publications and nine books to his credit. He is Editor-in-Chief of the Hepatology Section of UpToDate, the most widely used electronic textbook in the world, subscribed to by more than 1.2 million physicians in 195 countries. He is a sought-after inspirational speaker across the United States and abroad, addressing diverse audiences on topics related to medicine, leadership, happiness, and living with purpose.
He has received numerous rewards including:
- In 2003 The American Gastroenterological Association Distinguished Educator Award was bestowed upon him
- In 2009 he was elected as a Master of the American College of Physicians, a singular honor bestowed to only a select few individuals for being “citizen physicians, educational innovators, scientific thinkers and humanists who inspire those around him or her and sets the standards for quality in medicine”
2.25 Billion cups of coffee are consumed each day worldwide.
Scientific studies published in the last 2 decades attest to the myriad and mind boggling health benefits of coffee.
In this webinar, Dr. Chopra will discuss:
- How coffee drinkers have a lower risk of developing Cirrhosis of the Liver, Type 2 Diabetes, 6 common cancers, cognitive decline and more
- Those who drink coffee have lower total and cause specific mortality and he will provide mechanistic explanations as to how this works
- Why current coffee selection and roasting processes limit and dramatically reduce the health benefits
- Q&A- ask anything you’ve ever wanted to know about coffee and health