Gaylian Hein grew up in Huntington Beach, CA enjoying beach activities and music. As a child she was a dancer and a competitive swimmer, learning at a young age how to make her body perform under stress and pressure. This interest in performance lead to a lifelong study of health and fitness, including Asian Medicine; acupuncture, massage, nutrition, herbology, and movement exercises such as Tai Qi and Qi Gong.
Gaylian Hein has held an office in Newport Beach, CA since 2006, practicing Acupuncture, Herbal Medicine and Massage Therapy with a focus on sports performance and overall functional health. She is a licensed Acupuncturist in the state of California and a Diplomate of Oriental Medicine certified with NCCAOM (National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Herbal Medicine). With over four years of full-time study in Asian Medicine, she has a deep understanding of the meridian system and is able to incorporate both acupuncture and massage into her treatments.
With her strong background in bodywork she applies the theories of Traditional Asian Medicine with ease and utilizes palpation skills to confirm her diagnosis and build a successful treatment plan.
Licenses and Memberships:
- Licensed Acupuncturist – State of California, 2015
- Of Oriental Medicine – NCCAOM 2016
- California State Licensed Massage Therapist, 2008
- Member of ABMP (Associated Bodywork and Massage Professionals, 2004
Master’s Degree in Traditional Oriental Medicine – Emperors College of Traditional Oriental Medicine (ECTOM), Santa Monica, Ca
Summa Cum Laude, 2014
Acupuncture Clinic Experience:
- Acupuncture Intern at Emperors College Clinic, Santa Monica Ca, with over 500 patients treated. 2012-2014
- Acupuncture Intern at Community HIV Clinic – Being Alive, West Hollywood, Ca. Summer 2014
Gaylian finds it important to keep a broad spectrum of training in order to better serve patients. The following is a list of additional training pursued outside of the ECTOM curriculum –
Interdisciplinary Training in Acupuncture, Asian Medicine, and Bodywork
- Shoni-Shin – Japanese Pediatric Acupuncture
- NeuroFunctional Acupuncture
- Qi Gong with Kenneth Cohen – Esalen
- Cranial Sacral Therapy with The Upledger Institute – Esalen
- Healing Hands School of Holistic Health – 2002